The popular Holi Indian festival is around the corner and it is hard to miss the excitement in the air. Shops are loaded with the water guns, colors, and mouth-watering sweets and delicacies to help you commemorate this notable holiday. It is the perfect time to treat family and guests with some lip-smacking meals. Apart from the much loved singing and dancing, you need to add delicious holi special recipes to make the festival even more special. If you looking for Holi special recipes to try at home, sweet coconut gujiyas are worth a go. This blog shares a special recipe – coconut gujiya to help you excite your palates this Holi.
- 3 Tbsp clarified butter (Desi Ghee)
- 1 Cup Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup khoya
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Sugar syrup
- 100 gm Pistachio
- 100 gm Coconut Powder (Grind well using Food Chopper)
- 1 Cup Condensed Milk (Mawa)
- Add flour, water, 3 tbsp clarified butter, and salt into a food processor to mix it well and to make a dough.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into tiny pieces to make small dough balls.
- Add the coconut pieces and pistachio in the food chopper and slicer to grind and chop the nuts.
- Now take a pan and cook mawa, khoya, coconut powder and pistachio on a light flame until they get golden brown.
- Roll the dough balls into the shape of tiny puris.
- Take a gujiya mold and grease it well using desi ghee and place the puri in the mold.
- Put the stuffing in the hollow portion and apply little water on the corners.
- Close the mold and press it evenly and remove the extra dough matter.
- Now open the mold to take out the gujiya to fry.
- Deep fry the gujiya until it gets golden.
- Now dip it in the sugar syrup.
- Delicious gujiyas are ready, garnish it with the pistachios and serve.
Holi and Gujiyas are synonymous with each other. Gujiyas is known as the best sweet for Holi. If you are looking to prepare something delicious at home, Gujiyas should definitely be on your list. Get all the necessary ingredients and shop online for a food chopper and other tools that you need to avail unbeatable Holi promotional discounts. Make your Holi festival sweet, special, and memorable!